Blessings

Sometimes in days like these (covid days) I find it very hard to find the blessings of the Lord.  Of course His blessings are all around me.  I have a husband who loves me unconditionally, works very hard for our family which allows me to be home to take care of things here.  I have 3 kids who all love the Lord with all their hearts and have chosen to follow Him.  These three blessings love me for who I am and accept me, loving me unconditionally too.  We have a roof over our heads, food in the cupboard, fridge and freezer, warmth when we need it and cool air when it's hot out.  I am truly blessed.  

A blessing is something we can receive AND it is also something we can give.  Have you ever thought about how you are a blessing to others?  That raised the question in my mind;  Am I living out my life seeking out blessings or am I living my life to be a blessing to others?  In other words, what is my motivation?  Do I help other people because I hope to be blessed through my actions?  Or do I help people, regardless of the consequences to me, because I know it's the right thing to do? 

One of the things I have been blessed by during the season is how many awesome church services there are online.  Our church has been doing a pretty good job but what I miss is the worship time. I love a service with lots of praise and worship.  I have found a few churches with an awesome time of praise and worship.  Every Saturday I take part in a church service out of Huntington Beach California from a church called Mariner.  I honestly don't know how I came across this particular church but I really attribute it to God directing me.  There are three awesome hosts for the services and over the past 4 months I have gotten to know these individuals.  They truly are a blessing to me and in turn I have shared with others what this ministry provides so they too can be blessed.   

When I first thought about writing on blessings, my thought was to share all the blessings I had received. Then I started thinking, have I blessed others along the way? It would be so one sided if I am only receiving blessings and I am not returning this blessing.  Blessings to others don't have to be big and extravagant. Taking an elderly person grocery shopping, taking a learning driver out to drive, or sharing what you have left over from dinner with a neighbour. Sharing your favourite smoked gouda with your son and his new wife, buying special Dutch licorice from your favourite Dutch store on Vancouver Island and having them send it directly to your daughter who is away at camp all summer and including some King peppermints in there for the director of the camp.  I guess I am blessing others. And who knows, maybe what you have been reading here in my blogs that I have been posting has also been a blessing to you?  

Today I will let myself not be overwhelmed with this season of covid that we are experiencing right now, but rather be overwhelmed with the goodness of God so I can overflow with the goodness of God to others.  I will be experienced as a blessing by others to the extent I have counted blessings and first experience myself as blessed!  The greatest gift God graces a soul with is His own presence!  





I leave you now with this blessing from Numbers 6:24/25 (the same verse as in the song)

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make his face shine upon you and
be gracious to you
the Lord life up his countenance upon you
and give you peace!
Amen! 



Side note:
A few of the church services I have been blessed with this Covid season are listed below.  I am going to try and link them so that if you click on them it will take you right to their website.  Be blessed!

Mariner Church HB   Pastor Kyle Costello grew up as a mormon and after some soul searching became a Christian and wow can he preach!

Harvest Church Parry Sound   (this link is to their facebook group as they do facebook live church.)  Chris Somers is the worship leader. I've enjoyed his singing for quite some time now.  The Pastor is Godfrey Wilkinson and is also an awesome preacher

Eagles Landing First Baptist Church  This is the church where Mark Hall from Casting Crowns worships and leads worship from time to time. Pastor Trea Brinson is new to the church and the times I have heard him preach I've found the message solid!


No comments: